The Museum


The Abelló Museum is housed in a modernist building built in 1908 and renovated in the 1990s, when it became a modern and functional space. Inaugurated on March 27, 1999, it houses part of the collection of the collection that Joan Abelló donated to the city of Mollet.

The Museum is structured on three floors and a basement. The first and second floors house the permanent collection and the ground floor has a temporary exhibition hall and the The shop window space, dedicated to the visual and experimental arts.

The basement is intended for courses, conferences and small exhibitions and has a room conditioned and decorated like an artist’s workshop, where a didactic audiovisual about the figure of Joan Abelló is projected.

The Museum also has a seating area for visitors, a shop, toilets and a reception service.